Check UAN Status
Are you aware what UAN is? What is your UAN status number? If you are contributing a part of your salary to EPF, then UAN is the first thing you should know. The UAN is unique numbers which are assigned to employees by the government.
When you know your UAN number it is easy for transferring money and also to withdraw from your Provident Fund account. Also, if you want to check your EPF balance or UAN status, then also you will need a UAN number. When an individual starts working for the first time, they are provided by UAN number by the company HR.
This number can be retained for lifelong and need not have to be changed when you switch to a new company. From the our portal you can easily check UAN status online and know different facts about it. If you wish to enlighten yourself about facts of EPFO keep reading the article below.
UAN: Universal Account Number
Universal Account Number or UAN is a unique twelve digit number which is provided to all the employees who are under the Employee Provident Fund Scheme. With the help of UAN number one can easily get into transactions and withdrawals from their account. If you wish to avail various benefits and schemes then make a note to link your Aadhaar Card with your UAN.
How to Check your UAN Status?
You need to login to the UAN official portal to check whether it has been allotted to you or not. If it has been allotted then you can easily activate your UAN number by following some simple steps. However, before you login to EPFO portal, make sure to check of you have your 22 digits PF number.
- There is a different portal for PF number and UAN portability and also there are different portals for EPF members and employers. Go to the UAN status check page. In the member portal you will find a link known as “Know your UAN status”. Click on the link and you will be redirected to another web page.
- On the directed page you will be asked to fill the PF number, make sure to fill the exact number as later it cannot be changed.
- Select the state where your office is registered; make sure to select the right one as you may be working in different states. If you are confused, then check your PF number’s first two letters as it holds the state information. For example DS is in Delhi, UP is for Uttar Pradesh and MP is Madhya Pradesh.
- Now the next step is to choose your PF office region, there are many PF offices in a state so choose the one which is appropriate for you. You can know the region by checking the next three letters of the PF number. Before doing that you must have to check your EPF status if you didn’t check ever. For example, Uttar Pradesh has 9 PF regions and Delhi has 3 PF regions.
- When you fill in the state and region, the first two columns of the PF number gets filled, later verify it with the PF number.
- Next, you will have to fill in the organization number. Every employee working in a company will have the same number, as the organization is same for all. Organization number can be up to seven digits.
- In the fourth column you will have to fill the extension. In majority of the cases this column remains at 000. Sometimes it may not be in your PF number so you can just leave it blank.
- Now fill the PF number, this is the unique number which is provided to you by your company HR. This number can be up to seven digits. If you have lost your PF number, you can get them on your salary slips.
- Once you have filled in the details, you can simply click on check UAN status. This shall help you inquire if UAN has been allotted to you or not. If in case the same has not been allotted you can take further actions to get the same allotted to you at the earliest.
UAN Activation Status
You know how to activate your UAN status online or offline via UAN EPFO member portal. Follow below steps for activate you UAN.
- For the UAN activation first of all visit uanmembers.epfoservices.in
- In that portal enter your details like PF number, state, Region, etc
- After that verify your Mobile number and enter one time password (OTP)
- So your UAN activation is successfully approved
Advantages of UAN
When you have activated your UAN status, you can easily check for your PF details. If in case you have many EPF numbers, then it will be easy for you to access all of them using UAN as it will be the same for all. Check the facts below to understand how activating your UAN status will benefit you;
- You can check your EPF balance and also pay your EPF payment by just logging into the portal.
- You can also check the PF balance using missed call or SMS service.
- You can check or download your EPF passbook.
- You can withdraw your money even without your employer signature.
- You can change and update KYC information.
Activating and creating UAN status is very important for people especially who are working for an organization and continuously switching between companies throughout their career. With UAN, you can keep yourself updated about PF balance, PF challan and also avail other benefits related to it like making withdrawals, availing loan etc.