EPF Online Payment
EPF online payment is a necessary payment that employers have to pay online as a monthly contribution. It is A mandatory contribution that companies need to make irrespective of the amount. Here we have brought forward the method following which online EPF payment can be made by employers.
The guidelines for EPF online payment is simple and easy, and can be followed by employers across the world. It does not matter which bank account you are holding, just keep following the steps and in no time your monthly contribution shall get deducted from your account.
About EPF Payment
Payments for EPF can be done online by employers by accessing our E-Sewa portal. The internet banking payment mode is quick and can be completed by following some simple steps. Before making the payments, employers should note that EPF contributions must be made by at least 15th of every month. Now the grace period of 5 days has been removed, which was earlier provided for convenience of payers. To enable employers understand the whole process of payment and contribution to EPF online payment we have brought forth a small guide below.
Important Notification for Employers
Starting from 2016, it’s mandatory for the companies to contribute for EPF online with the help of internet banking. It is a procedure that requires challan generation from EPF site and after the challan has been generated, employer needs to carry out payment procedure at net banking page. Once this is done, the employer can be sure that payment has been done and with this the process completes.
How to Pay EPF Online?
Online EPF payments can be done through specific banks listed on the EPFO portal. Before you begin with the process, it is advisable to check for the lists of banks online. Once this is done, start following steps mentioned below;
- Access the official website of EPF and access the employers E-Sewa portal.
- If you are not yet registered for the EPF then you need to create a login ID and password.
- Generate ECR and upload the details, this will generate a temporary return reference number.
- Monthly contribution can be done in PF as well as you can check pf online status.
- You can check the contribution details and also approve or verify it before proceeding.
- Once payment is done, download and acknowledge the challan menu and also keep the statement along with you for reference.
- The online generated challan will be valid for 15 days and employers should remit EPF online payment within 15 days from date of challan. If you fail to provide details within 15 days, then you need to again upload the details or provide complete new challan.
Online EPF Payment Through SBI
For better understanding about EPF online payment, we have shown below procedure to pay EPF through SBI. The process of payment remains the same even if you are using bank account other than SBI. Before you make EPF online payment, all you need to make sure is that the bank is included in the list of the banks that you have shared.
- Login to the net banking account as SBI account holder or as Saral or corporate user.
- You need to locate the menu that shows ‘Payments/transfers > Pay EPF’.
- Enter the TRN and choose the debit account. Select the account number which you want to use for remitting EPF online payment.
- Verify the details of monthly contribution and enter Submit.
- Authorize the e-cheque available in the inbox after receiving a success message.
- Save and get the print of your challan under the section ‘Reports and Reprint Challan’.
- You must preserve the challan information for your records. After this step your online EPF payment procedure is complete.
How to Use EPFO E-Sewa Portal?
- Accessing employer information through online facility is quite simple. All you need to do is access the official website.
- You need to register on the web page and create your own personal login and password. This allows the employers to keep track of their online contribution and generate challans when required.
- There is also provision of getting SMS confirmation for payment confirmation and to access this facility, employers need to update their mobile number on the portal
- Annual slips can also be requested by payers through this online E-Sewa portal. It is quite convenient and simple to use service for employers especially when they need to make monthly payment contributions.
The complete procedure of online EPF challan is quite simple. Process of making online payment for Employees provident fund entries has been now made easy for employers and all they need to do is follow the official E-Sewa portal and stay updated with employees provident fund information. They can also follow the website for latest updates on provident fund rules. Besides EPF online payment, the site also provides you with other useful information about PF related procedure, EPF UAN Status, status of PF withdrawal, EPF balance, etc.